Use this base recipe (and any other ingredients from the list above) to create any flavor low calorie fruit smoothie you’d like!
- 1.25 cups of fresh or frozen fruit (or any combo fresh vs frozen.) See list above.
- 1 cup liquid (any combo of milk/milk alternative or juice to make 1 cup)
- Handful of ice if you used fresh fruit
- Load your smoothie ingredients into the blender container in the proper order—liquids first, then soft fruits or vegetables, greens, and ice on top.
- Depending on sweetness of the fruit, you might need a bit of sweetener, use honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia, sugar substitute, apple juice, or a little sugar a tiny bit at a time.
- Blend, blend, blend…
*Nutrition counts info based on the Tropical Green Smoothie Recipe.
- Serving Size: 1 recipe
- Calories: 140
- Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 31
- Fiber: 4
- Protein: 2
Keywords: smoothie, healthy recipes, smoothie recipes, low calorie smoothie, low calorie smoothies, healthy smoothie recipe