Have the 3pm munchies kicked in yet? Here are 10 Smoothie Ideas under 150 calories. These delicious low calorie smoothies are full of fruit and will satisfy almost any craving!
10 Smoothie Ideas under 150 calories
It’s 3pm… I don’t know about you, but I’ve been working hard all day and it’s time for a snack!
Are you someone who:
- Reaches for that salty bag of chips?
- Starts searching all your hubby’s favorite hiding spots, trying to find the chocolate you asked him to hide- so you wouldn’t eat it?
- Someone who is able to able to dole themselves out just 15 almonds and not eat the rest of the bag?
(I’m usually number 2. Lucky for me though, my hubby is an excellent hider….)
I’m always trying to eat better/watch what I eat. ( And not always with success…)
By 3:00pm, my willpower’s at its lowest point of the day and it’s so tough to resist those not so good for you snacks.
One of my favorite snacks to help keep me on track and resist temptation is with a fruit smoothie. Smoothies are an excellent way to satisfy a sweet tooth without too many extra calories and they are so good for you too!
Low Calorie Smoothies:
Today, I have 10 delicious smoothie recipe/ideas to share. The best part is, the smoothies are all around 150 calories or less!
Are Smoothies Good for Weight Loss?
There are definite health benefits to smoothies. Fiber, antioxidants, calcium, etc… The list goes on.
While drinking a healthy smoothie won’t induce weight loss in itself; replacing a sugary or processed snack with a low calorie smoothie will definitely fill you up, satisfy your sweet tooth and help keep you on the right track.
My Secret Low Calorie Smoothie Ingredient:
One of the ways I keep the calorie count down on my afternoon smoothie is by using Silk Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk. There is also an Almond Coconut Blend (yum) for 35 calories and a unsweetened Cashew milk version that is 25 calories.
Depending on the flavor you choose and as long as you stick with the unsweetened, the calories range from 25 to 60 for a full cup!
Tips For Making the Best Low Calorie Smoothies:
- Use fresh or frozen fruit (or a combo of both) If you use fresh, you will need to add about 1/2 cup of ice.) Ripe bananas work best.
- Load smoothie ingredients into the container in the proper order—liquids first, then soft fruits or vegetables, greens, and ice on top.
- Depending on sweetness of the fruit, you might need a bit of sweetener, use honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia, sugar substitute, apple juice, or a little sugar a tiny bit at a time.
- All blenders are different, and will process, the ingredient at a different rate so if your Smoothie is too thin: Add a bit more fruit/banana/ice. If it is too thick: add a bit more Silk Almond/Coconut Milk or low sugar juice.
- Optional add-ins to bump up the nutritional content: 1/2 avocado, (will add creaminess w/out changing the flavor) Handful of baby spinach, chia or flax seed, protein powder, nut butters, yogurt or even cooked oatmeal. (keep in mind theas also bump the calorie count!
Blender Recommendations for the Best Smoothies:
- My Blender: Vitamix 5200 2 HP motor (That is the Amazon link, though I bought mine when it was the QVC deal of the day on 6 easy pays.)
- Ninja 1100 watts- have not tried this blender, but that’s a lot of watts for the $$)
- Nutri Ninja (1000 watts)
- Hamilton Beach (700 watts)
- Plus don’t forget the Cute Straws!
10 Smoothie Ideas Under 150 Calories
The next time you’re tempted to grab an unhealthy snack, try one of these smoothies instead. (All but the Coconut Java Serves 1.)
1. Cherrylicious (138 calories)
1 cup frozen cherries + 1/4 cup chopped pineapple + 1/2 cup low sugar orange juice or apple juice + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend + 1/4 cup ice if needed (unless I am using all frozen fruit- I usually add a handful of ice to my smoothies)
2. Strawberry Banana (119 calories)
3/4 cup strawberries + 1/2 banana + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
3. Peaches and Cream (84 calories)
1 cup sliced peaches + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
4. Tropical Green Smoothie (144 calories)
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + 3/4 cup pineapple (cubed) + 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup spinach + 1/2 cups ice
5. Pineapple Coconut (116 calories)
1 cup frozen pineapple + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk
6. Creamsicle (133 calories)
1/2 cup reduced sugar orange juice + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend + 1 cup Frozen Mango Chunks
(this one serves 2 and is under 100 calories if you use the sugar free Hersheys syrup)
8. Apple Pie Smoothie (link to recipe) (122 calories w/ almond milk)
9. Good Morning Smoothie (134 calories)
4 oz orange juice + 1/2 banana +1/2 cups frozen mixed berries + 4 oz Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
10. Pomegranate Mixed Berry (143 calories)
.75 cup frozen mixed berries + 4 oz low sugar pomegranate juice + 1/2 medium banana + 4 oz Unsweetened Almond milk
I would love to hear your favorite smoothie recipe in the comments below!
More Healthy Snacking Ideas:
- Make Ahead Chia Seed Pudding Snacks
- One Minute Strawberry Ice Cream
- Healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies (no butter, sugar, flour or dairy)
- How to make Strawberry Jam
- 2 Minute Omelette in a Mug