Have the 3pm munchies kicked in yet? Here are 10 Smoothie Ideas under 150 calories. These delicious low calorie, fruit filled smoothies will satisfy almost any craving!
It’s 3pm… I don’t know about you, but I’ve been working hard all day and it’s time for a snack!
Are you someone who: 1. Reaches for that salty bag of chips? 2. Starts searching all your hubby’s favorite hiding spots, trying to find the chocolate you asked him to hide- so you wouldn’t eat it? Or 3. Are you someone who is able to able to dole themselves out just 15 almonds and not eat the rest of the bag? (I’m usually number 2. Lucky for me though, my hubby is an excellent hider….)
I’m always trying to eat better/watch what I eat. ( And not always with success…) By 3:00 my willpower’s at it’s lowest point of the day and it’s so tough to resist those not so good for you snacks. One of my favorite snacks to help keep me on track and resist temptation is with a fruit smoothie. Smoothies are an excellent way to satisfy a sweet tooth without too many extra calories and they are so good for you too!
One of the ways I keep the calorie count down on my afternoon smoothie is by using Silk Unsweetened Almond or Coconut Milk. Depending on the flavor you choose, the calories range from 35 to 60. And now, Silk has a new option: Silk Almond Coconut Blend in Unsweetened and Original. I love the hint of coconut and the unsweetened version is only 35 calories for 8 oz! Plus they are non-GMO Certified. (Be sure to read about that if you are unfamiliar with that certification.)
The next time you’re tempted to grab an unhealthy snack, try one of these smoothies instead:
10 Smoothie Ideas under 150 calories
1 cup frozen cherries + 1/4 cup chopped pineapple + 1/2 cup low sugar orange juice or apple juice + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend + 1/4 cup ice if needed (unless I am using all frozen fruit- I usually add a handful of ice to my smoothies)
2. Strawberry Banana
3/4 cup strawberries + 1/2 banana + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
3. Tropical Green Smoothie
3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk + 3/4 cup pineapple (cubed) + 1/2 banana + 1/2 cup spinach + 1/2 cups ice
4. Peaches and Cream
1 cup sliced peaches + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
5. Pineapple Coconut
1 cup frozen pineapple + 3/4 cup Unsweetened Silk Coconut Milk
1/2 cup orange juice + 1/2 cup Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend + 1 cup Frozen Mango Chunks
9. Good Morning Smoothie
4 oz orange juice + 1/2 banana +1/2 cups frozen mixed berries +
4 oz Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
10. Pomegranate Mixed Berry
1 cup frozen mixed berries + 4 oz pomegranate juice + 1/2 medium banana + 4 oz Unsweetened Almond Coconut Blend
- Use fresh or frozen fruit (or a combo of both) If you use fresh, you will need to add about 1/2 cup of ice.) Ripe bananas work best.
- Load the container in the proper order—liquids first, then soft fruits or vegetables, greens, and ice on top.
- Depending on sweetness of the fruit, you might need a bit of sweetener, use honey, agave, maple syrup, Stevia, sugar substitute, apple juice, or a little sugar a tiny bit at a time.
- All blenders are different, and will process, the ingredient at a different rate so if your Smoothie is too thin: Add a bit more fruit/banana/ice. If it is too thick: add a bit more Silk Almond/Coconut Milk or low sugar juice.
- Optional add-ins to bump up the nutritional content: 1/2 avocado, (will add creaminess w/out changing the flavor) Handful of baby spinach, chia or flax seed, protein powder, nut butters, yogurt or even cooked oatmeal.
I would love to hear your favorite smoothie recipe in the comments below!
Products Used and recommended in this post: