Love sweets, but trying to stick to a low carb/no sugar plan? This sugar free and low carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe is amazing!
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tbsp sweetener (I like swerve.)
- 2 room temp pasteurized egg yolks (Safest choice eggs or any other pasteurized egg product )
- 15 drops of stevia (possibly more- depends on how sweet you want it)
- 8 oz room temp cream cheese (must be room temp to avoid lumps of cream cheese.)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 13 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- optional 1/2 tsp guar/xanthan gum (supposedly improves texture. I use this one in my sugar-free ice cream recipes.)
- 1 cup strawberry plus a few more to cut up for garnish (at some point, I want to try this syrup Anyone tried it?)
- 2 tbs water
- sweetener if desired
- Beat together egg yolks and granular sweetener until combined and eggs are pale yellow.
- Add in cream cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy with no lumps of cream cheese. Be sure to stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl.
- Add in all liquids (stevia, vanilla, milks) and optional guar/xanthan gum. Continue beating until completely mixed. Taste and add more stevia if desired.
- Add ice cream mix to ice cream maker and process according to your machines instructions.
- While ice cream is processing, puree strawberries with water to make a strawberry drizzle. (add additional sweetener if desired.)
- Serve immediately as soft serve- top with strawberry drizzle and additional diced strawberries. For a firmer ice cream, transfer to freezer safe container and drizzle with strawberry topping.
- Freeze until the desired consistency is reached. (If you use a metal container- I recommend pre-freezing for faster freezing.)
If left overnight, this ice cream does freeze very hard (I’ve tried adding up to 3 tsp of vodka which didn’t make a difference.) Jut let ice cream rest on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes to scoop.