Love sweets, but trying to stick to a low carb/no sugar plan? (I feel your pain, lol.) I’ve got a great sugar free and low carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe to share with you today!
Ice cream and cheesecake are two of my favorite desserts. Luckily these are two treats that are really easy to remake low carb. Last summer I bought a new ice cream maker (the kind with the bowl that you pre-freeze) and can have ice cream is ready in 20 to 30 minutes. I can’t tell you how many times this machine has saved me from indulging in the desserts the rest of the family enjoys.
Here are a few more sugar-free desserts you might enjoy:
- Sugar Free Candied Pecans
- Low Carb Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Banana Cream Pie Bars with a Pecan Crust (higher on the carb scale, but soooo amazing!)
- Low Carb / Sugar free Crustless Cheesecake
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse Recipe
All the cream cheese in the recipe definitely makes for a “heavier” and very rich ice cream. This Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream recipe is definitely one that I just can’t eat more than one serving at a time. (And I’ve tried, lol!)
We have friends coming over for the holiday and I am pulling out my older ice cream maker to make a double batch of buttered pecan ice cream for everyone else and will make a separate batch of this Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake ice cream for me. So far, I’ve only used the full-fat coconut milk (from the can) and almond milk in this recipe, but I just placed an order with the new Wal-mart online pick up service and added an additional container of heavy cream just for this recipe. Heavy Cream will lower the carb count, but raise the calorie count, so I will report back on how the heavy cream works out. (Though I might experiment with the amount used… we’ll see.)
Products used and recommended in this post:
- Ice cream maker
- best ice cream scoop ever
- freezer storage container
- Swerve Sweetener
- guar/xantham gum
- Coconut milk
- *Update: Sugar free Strawberry syrup (I use this one all the time now)
Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Sugar Free / Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
Love sweets, but trying to stick to a low carb/no sugar plan? This sugar free and low carb Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream recipe is amazing!
- Yield: Makes about 10, ½ cup servings. 1x
- 1/2 cup, plus 2 tbsp sweetener (I like swerve.)
- 2 room temp pasteurized egg yolks (Safest choice eggs or any other pasteurized egg product )
- 15 drops of stevia (possibly more- depends on how sweet you want it)
- 8 oz room temp cream cheese (must be room temp to avoid lumps of cream cheese.)
- 3 tsp vanilla
- 1 13 oz can full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- optional 1/2 tsp guar/xanthan gum (supposedly improves texture. I use this one in my sugar-free ice cream recipes.)
- 1 cup strawberry plus a few more to cut up for garnish (at some point, I want to try this syrup Anyone tried it?)
- 2 tbs water
- sweetener if desired
- Beat together egg yolks and granular sweetener until combined and eggs are pale yellow.
- Add in cream cheese and continue beating until smooth and creamy with no lumps of cream cheese. Be sure to stop mixer and scrape sides of bowl.
- Add in all liquids (stevia, vanilla, milks) and optional guar/xanthan gum. Continue beating until completely mixed. Taste and add more stevia if desired.
- Add ice cream mix to ice cream maker and process according to your machines instructions.
- While ice cream is processing, puree strawberries with water to make a strawberry drizzle. (add additional sweetener if desired.)
- Serve immediately as soft serve- top with strawberry drizzle and additional diced strawberries. For a firmer ice cream, transfer to freezer safe container and drizzle with strawberry topping.
- Freeze until the desired consistency is reached. (If you use a metal container- I recommend pre-freezing for faster freezing.)
If left overnight, this ice cream does freeze very hard (I’ve tried adding up to 3 tsp of vodka which didn’t make a difference.) Jut let ice cream rest on the counter for 5 to 10 minutes to scoop.