Meatloaf Muffins are a fabulous alternative to regular meatloaf. Kids just love them and mini meatloaf muffins cook much faster than traditional meatloaf.
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or oatmeal (Either works, but I now use oatmeal)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (Instead of the tomato sauce, I often substitute with around 1/4 cup of ketchup in the meat mixture and at least another 1/4 cup for the top. Personal choice to use the ketchup vs tomato sauce I do prefer the taste of ketchup – must be the added sugar.)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- several shakes of Worcestershire sauce (about a teaspoon)
- A couple of handfuls of whatever other veggies you have on hand… (onions, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, spinach, lentils…)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, but only use about ¼ of the tomato sauce/ketchup in the meat mixture. Reserve the rest for the tops of the meatloaf muffins.
- Press the meat into the muffin cups (you should be able to get eight to 10 out of this amount of meat).
- Top with a dollop of tomato sauce/ketchup on each one.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve two per person.
Nutritional Info: Using 1 egg, 93/7 Ground Turkey, 1/2 cup of ketchup and dividing into 10 meatloaf muffins, the calorie count is about 110 per muffin. (Pretty good if you ask me!)
- Serving Size: 2 meatloaf muffins
- Calories: 220
- Sugar: 6
- Fat: 10
- Carbohydrates: 9
- Protein: 22
Keywords: mini meatloaf, meatloaf muffins