Mini Meatloaves in a muffin tin? Yes Please! These Mini Meatloaf Muffins are so yummy and sure to please even your pickiest eater! (Get the mini meatloaf muffin recipe below.)
|This is how they look before cooking. One of these days I will remember to get an after picture…|
We love everything in miniature over here. Cook it in a muffin tin and it will be a success. I especially love this recipe because it is so easy and flexible, I can hide whatever veggies I have on hand and get no complaints!
If you haven’t tried your meatloaf in a muffin tin yet, you really should give it a try. You can use your own favorite meatloaf recipe, just use the cooking time below or my recipe is pretty darn yummy too!
Mini Meatloaf in a Muffin Tin Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or ground beef
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs or oatmeal (I always use oatmeal)
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg or 2
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (I usually use about a 1/4 cup of ketchup in the meat mixture and a little more for the top)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper
- several shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- A couple of handfuls of whatever other veggies you have on hand… (onions, mushrooms, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, spinach, lentils…)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl, but only use about ¼ of the tomato sauce/ketchup in the meat mixture.
- Press the meat into the muffin cups (you should be able to get eight to 10 out of this amount of meat).
- Top with a dollop of tomato sauce/ketchup on each one.
- Cook for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve two per person.
Nutritional Info: Using 1 egg, 93/7 Ground Turkey, 1/2 cup of ketchup and dividing into 10 meatloaf muffins, the calorie count is about 110 per muffin. (Pretty good if you ask me!)
Looking for other kid favorite recipes? You might also like:
Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: