This Microwave Chocolate Molten Lava Cake cake is super easy to throw together and only takes about 15 minutes to make in the microwave!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus all ingredients needed to prepare the cake- (eggs, milk, butter/oil.)
- 1 container of chocolate icing
- any 12 cup capacity microwave safe pan
- Prepare cake mix as directed and pour into a lightly greased cake pan
- Using a spoon, drop scoops of icing on top of cake batter. Use all the icing. It should almost completely cover the batter. (don’t mix with the batter—just drop on top. The icing will melt to the bottom and the cake cooks on top, like a pudding cake.)
- Cook 10 minutes in rotating microwave on HIGH or until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
Keywords: microwave, cake, chocolate