Today, I’m sharing my favorite pampered chef lava cake recipe! This Microwave Chocolate Molten Lava Cake cake is super easy to throw together and only takes about 15 minutes to make!
Guaranteed to satisfy any chocolate cravings.
Chocolate Lava Cake in the Microwave
We had a get-together with friends a few weeks back, and I was in charge of bringing dessert for everyone.
I’d been craving something rich and chocolatey, so I thought maybe I would bring a Texas Sheet Cake. While browsing around trying to find a good recipe, I stumbled across an old Pampered Chef recipe for a Chocolate Molten Lava Cake.
I was so intrigued by the description and the ease of this recipe that I had to try it out! I know you’re not supposed to test out new recipes right before serving the dish to guests, but I had to do it.
I’m so glad I took the chance on this cake! The recipe took less than 15 minutes to put together and cook and was divine.
Totally took care of my chocolate craving!
Getting a pretty picture of this cake was a bit difficult, especially since I was taking pictures of the leftovers, but don’t let that fool you. This cake rocks!
I originally served the cake with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream, but it’s so rich it might be better with just an icy cold glass of milk. (Or maybe a smaller scoop of ice cream, ha!)
Suggested microwave-safe pans:
Microwave Chocolate Molten Lava Cake
This Microwave Chocolate Molten Lava Cake cake is super easy to throw together and only takes about 15 minutes to make in the microwave!
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (plus all ingredients needed to prepare the cake- (eggs, milk, butter/oil.)
- 1 container of chocolate icing
- any 12 cup capacity microwave safe pan
- Prepare cake mix as directed and pour into a lightly greased cake pan
- Using a spoon, drop scoops of icing on top of cake batter. Use all the icing. It should almost completely cover the batter. (don’t mix with the batter—just drop on top. The icing will melt to the bottom and the cake cooks on top, like a pudding cake.)
- Cook 10 minutes in rotating microwave on HIGH or until done.
- Let cool for a few minutes, serve warm topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a glass of cold milk.
Keywords: microwave, cake, chocolate
Like the idea of microwave cakes? Be sure to check out my 7 minute carrot cake recipe:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.