Microwave potato chips are super simple and so crispy in just a few minutes! All you need is thinly sliced potatoes a bit of oil and salt.
- 3 to 4 baking potatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Slice potatoes as this and consistently as possible. 1/8 to 1/16th inch rounds. A mandolin works best (this one is great) but a super sharp knife will work too. (I highly recommend this Wusthof Knife Sharpener.)
- Transfer the sliced potatoes into a large bowl of ice water and stir around. After about 5 minutes, place the potato slices on a paper towel and pat dry.
- Dump the water from your bowl and add the potato slices. Add a bit of olive oil, salt, and pepper, and toss til coated.
- Spray a microwave-safe plate very well with olive oil. (The potatoes will stick to the plate) You can also use the glass plate from your microwave.
- Arrange the potatoes so they don’t overlap.
- Cook on high for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the potatoes, and cook another 2 to 3 minutes until the potatoes start to turn golden in color.
- Let the microwave potato chips cool for a few minutes as they will crisp up more as they cool.
Keywords: microwave meals, potato chips, microwave potato chips, potatoes