Yes, you CAN make pudding with almond milk! Chocolate pudding with almond milk is just as creamy and delicious as regular chocolate – but without using cream or milk!
- 3 cups Silk Almond Milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 mini graham cracker crusts or 1- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust ( I only had 6 of the minis and just put the rest in ramekins w/ no crust.)
1. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of almond milk and cornstarch. Mix until completely combined.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the almond milk/cornstarch with the remaining milk, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. Once boiling, lower the heat to a slow rolling boil. Whisk consistently until mixture is thickened.
5. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and thoroughly combined.
6. Pour the pudding into the graham cracker crusts. Let cool for a few minutes, then cover the tops of the pudding with saran wrap or parchment paper, to keep a skin from forming.
7. Place pies into the fridge for at least 3 hours and top with your favorite topping. (there are some dairy free options out there…)