Mini Chocolate Pudding Pies: Yes, you CAN make chocolate pudding with almond milk! Chocolate pudding with almond milk is just as creamy and delicious as regular chocolate – but without using cream or milk!
Mini Chocolate Pudding Pie (w/ Almond Milk) Recipe
Did you know you can make pudding with Almond Milk? (Thanks to Silk for sponsoring this post!)
Yes, you can finally have lactose free pudding! It really only takes a tiny bit more time than the instant and of course, it’s so much better for you! (coconut and soy work too)
My little guys love pudding, (Oh who am I kidding, I love pudding too!) I try to avoid too much dairy and pudding was one dessert I couldn’t resist (along with ice cream and cheese.) But now, I can have it whenever I want and not have to “pay” for it later.
This Chocolate Pudding Pie recipe is so yummy, just like a regular chocolate icebox pie. My milk of choice for the recipe was Silk Almond Milk, but you could use soy or coconut milk too, just be sure to not use the “light version”. I bet this would be really yummy with the coconut milk. I may have to try that next.
What I like best about the Silk Almond Milk (other than the taste and the 30 calorie version) is the fact that Silk products are made without the use of GMOs! What are you waiting for? If you haven’t tried the Silk Almond, Coconut or Soy milk yet, here is a $.75 off coupon to use: ==>> Click this link for the coupon.
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
Yes, you CAN make pudding with almond milk! Chocolate pudding with almond milk is just as creamy and delicious as regular chocolate – but without using cream or milk!
- 3 cups Silk Almond Milk, divided
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 to 10 mini graham cracker crusts or 1- 9 inch graham cracker pie crust ( I only had 6 of the minis and just put the rest in ramekins w/ no crust.)
1. In a separate bowl, combine 1 cup of almond milk and cornstarch. Mix until completely combined.
2. In a 2-quart saucepan, combine the almond milk/cornstarch with the remaining milk, sugar, cocoa powder and salt.
4. Bring mixture to a boil, whisking occasionally. Once boiling, lower the heat to a slow rolling boil. Whisk consistently until mixture is thickened.
5. Remove from heat, add chocolate chips and vanilla. Stir until the chocolate chips are melted and thoroughly combined.
6. Pour the pudding into the graham cracker crusts. Let cool for a few minutes, then cover the tops of the pudding with saran wrap or parchment paper, to keep a skin from forming.
7. Place pies into the fridge for at least 3 hours and top with your favorite topping. (there are some dairy free options out there…)