This Shortcut One Pot Meatball Stroganoff recipe is a creamy, delicious and comforting dish that the family will devour and will please even the pickiest of eaters!
- 3 to 4 tbs butter
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian spice blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cups No Yolks noodles
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Meatballs, (the amount you desire – see tips above) defrosted and warmed up in the microwave.
- optional: fresh parsley for garnish
- Add butter to a large skillet and heat skillet over med-high high heat. Add mushrooms and onions and cook ’til browned.
- Add beef broth, garlic, Italian spice blend, salt, pepper and noodles to skillet. Cover and cook for 6 to 8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the noodles are al dente. (Still at med-high heat.)
- Stir cream into the skillet, add meatballs. Reduce heat to med-low. Cook an additional 3 to 5 minutes until liquid thickens a bit.
- Gently stir in sour cream and heat through.
- Garnish with fresh parsley
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you’re a mushroom lover – definitely double the mushrooms.
- Sauce will thicken more as it cools.
- For more sauce, you can add more cream.
- If you use half-n-half instead of cream, you may end up needing to add a little bit of a cornstarch slurry for a thicker sauce.
- The number of meatballs needed will vary based on the kind you use. My package said 5 = one serving. (So I cooked 6 per person = 24 meatballs.)