Weight Watchers friendly, Easy Peanut Noodles Recipe
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti type noodles (I used whole wheat, but use your favorite)
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- Optional add-ins:
- handful of snap peas
- 6 to 12 oz pre-cooked chicken (diced)
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken and optional snap peas, simmer another minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the scallion, lemon juice, and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine the noodles, the sauce, carrot, and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix. Serve warm.