One of my meal planning goals has been to find a few new recipes that the entire family would like and we could add to our rotation. These Peanut Noodles were definitely a hit, and the best part is that is that they are diet and weight watcher friendly!
These Easy Peanut Noodles were enjoyed by all, my son (a very picky eater) proclaimed them to be his new 3rd favorite dinner, which is a high compliment indeed! (I did remove the snap peas from the kids’ servings). Hubby came home later and gave the thumbs up as well.
Notice the haircut someone gave herself? 🙁
Peanut Noodles Recipe
If you are looking for more healthy and easy family friendly meals, I have quite a few labeled “Healthy Recipes.” Be sure to check them out!Print
Easy Peanut Noodles (lightened up)
Weight Watchers friendly, Easy Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 20
- Yield: serves 4 1x
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 medium scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dark sesame oil
- 8 oz uncooked spaghetti type noodles (I used whole wheat, but use your favorite)
- 1 small carrot, finely shredded
- Optional add-ins:
- handful of snap peas
- 6 to 12 oz pre-cooked chicken (diced)
- 1/4 tsp dried red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- chopped peanuts for garnish
- Combine the chicken broth, soy sauce, peanut butter, and garlic in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and simmer 15 minutes. Add chicken and optional snap peas, simmer another minute.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and stir in the scallion, lemon juice, and sesame oil.
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse thoroughly.
- Combine the noodles, the sauce, carrot, and sesame seeds in a large bowl. Toss gently to mix. Serve warm.