Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, (110˚F-115˚F)
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for greasing the bowl)
- In large bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Cover and allow the yeast to proof for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in olive oil, salt, and flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes with a stand mixer or until smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, add the olive oil, and grease the sides. Return the dough to the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover and raise for 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn it out onto a floured surface. Cover lightly and rest for 5 minutes before forming crusts.
- To refrigerate pizza dough, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Allow dough to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before forming into crusts.
To freeze the dough, divide it into two dough balls, wraptightly with plastic wrap, and place in a freezer bag.
To defrost, place frozen dough in the fridge 24 hours. Remove dough from the fridge 20-30 minutes before forming into crusts.
Keywords: pizza dough recipe