27 DIY Pizza Ideas for Pizza Night!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Love Pizza? Looking for Pizza Topping ideas? You’ve come to the right place! I’ve got the ultimate list of 27 delicious Pizza Ideas for Pizza Night!
Pizza Ideas for Pizza Night
Raise Your Hand if You Think Pizza Ranks #1 for Dinner!
You are definitely NOT alone!
Let’s just face facts… Pizza is delicious. Doesn’t matter what age you are, pizza is a favorite food for many. The good news is there are tons of pizza recipes out there for you to try, and today’s post is chock full of amazing pizza ideas for your next pizza night.
Delivery vs DIY
I know a lot of people would rather just order delivery and call it good.
Don’t get me wrong, some pizza places make incredible pies, (and yes, sometimes that 2 for $7.99 delivery deal just can’t be beaten.)
But there is just something about Homemade pizza that we love. You get to try new combinations, pick out your own toppings, and the smell that fills your house as it bakes is incredible.
Pizza Ideas that are EASY!
A lot of people shy away from making pizza at home because they think it’s too complicated or too expensive, but it’s really not.
Most of my DIY pizzas are made with a store-bought crust (hello Trader Joe’s ready to bake pizza dough) or if I do my shopping at one particular grocery store that week, I’ll pick up fresh pizza dough from the pizza place in the same strip center. (Their pizza dough is the best I’ve found and they’ll sell it uncooked. All I have to do is roll it out – and you can’t get any easier than that!)
Do you have a favorite pizza place? You might give them a call and see if they sell their dough. I also have a great pizza dough recipe that turns out perfectly every time. (find the pizza dough recipe at the bottom of the post.)
DIY Pizza Ideas for Pizza Night
I am always looking for new pizza topping ideas and have spent some time rounding up a few of our favorite pizza ideas for pizza night. I found a couple of new homemade pizza ideas that look very interesting.
Be sure to check out all the awesome pizza recipes on the list and let us know in the comments which one is your favorite! (Bonus points if you share one not listed!)
The ultimate list of Homemade Pizza Recipes and Pizza topping Ideas:
1. Sloppy Joe Pizza:
We all know the Sweet and tangy Sloppy Joe Sauce pairs deliciously with ground beef and is even more amazing on a pizza crust covered with melted cheese, bell peppers, and red onions.
2. Spicy Southern Kitchen – Thai Pizza
This amazing pizza idea has all the delicious sweet and spicy flavors of the California Kitchen Thai Pizza. (and for a fraction of the price.)
3. Southwest Chicken Pizza
Refried beans, salsa, chicken, and Tex-Mex Flavors blend together in this Southwest Chicken Pizza. These Southwest-inspired pizzas toppings are sure to please everyone in the family!
4. Easy Mac and Cheese Pizza
Nothing like a warm bowl of Mac and Cheese right? Well, wait until you try it on pizza! This pizza topping idea is a family favorite comfort food at its best.
5. Spend With Pennies – Cheeseburger Pizza
Who knew a pizza could taste like a hamburger? This pizza idea is actually quite tasty and makes a unique pizza topping idea.
6. Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Buffalo chicken pizza is made with a tangy buffalo sauce, chicken, and topped with a yummy blue cheese dressing drizzle. And yes, it makes for an outstanding pizza!
7. Pinch of Yum – Sweet Chili Garlic Chicken Pizza
If you want to get a little creative with your pizza toppings, this sweet chili garlic pizza is a must-try.
8. Chicken and Mushroom White Pizza
Alfredo sauce, sautéed mushrooms, garlic, and chicken are the ultimate white pizza topping idea and come together to make one delicious pizza.
9. This Silly Girls Kitchen – Easy Taco Pizza
Another southwest-style pizza topping idea. I bet if you used Taco Bell sauce as the drizzle, it would taste like the Taco Bell Mexican pizza.
10. Cuban French Bread Pizza Recipe
Cuban Sandwiches are awesome, but wait until you try it in Pizza form! Pork, mustard, pickles, and cheese as a pizza topping? Oh yes, this pizza idea is amazing!
11. Sally’s Baking Addiction – Spinach Artichoke White Cheese Pizza Recipe
Yum, I do love a white pizza with artichokes. It just makes me feel healthier, lol.
12. Love and Olive Oil – Caramelized Fennel and Onion Pizza
Pizza for the caramelized onion fans.
13. Our Best Bites – Kalua Pork Pizza Recipe
A fun twist on Hawaiian-style pizza toppings.
14. Mom Endeavors – Philly Cheesesteak Pizza
This Philly Cheesesteak pizza idea is over the top delicious!
15. Our Life Tastes Good – Jambalaya Pizza
Shrimp and sausage on a pizza crust? Oh yeah!
16. Recipe Runner – Grilled Zucchini Ricotta and Pine Nut Pizza Recipe
This Zucchini Ricotta pizza idea looks super healthy and is a perfect way to use up fresh zucchini!
17. A Beautiful Plate – Mushroom Pizza with Havarti, Fresh Herbs, and White Truffle Oil
Pizza toppings for the mushroom lover.
18. Yes to Yolks – Grilled White Pizza with Ricotta, Corn, and Broccoli
This pizza would be perfect for using late summer corn.
19. Closet Cooking – Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Pizza Recipe
Classic Mediterranean pizza toppings.
20. Eat Good 4 Life – Roasted Garlic Spinach White Pizza
21. Bread Booze and Bacon – Italian Sausage Caramelized Onion Pizza
Ok, I am particularly fond of sausage and onions as toppings on my pizza. Can I just say how amazing this pizza idea looks?
22. Vegan Yack Attack – Pesto Potato Pizza
A great pizza recipe for the vegans!
23. The Wood-Fired Enthusiast – Jalapeno Popper Pizza
I love jalapenos on my pizza!
24. Hamburger Bun Mini Pizzas
I swear, it is the crispy flattened hamburger bun that makes these little pizzas so amazing! This pizza idea is always a hit with the little ones. (And you can any type of pizza topping you like to make this one your own.)
25. Add a Pinch – Three Cheese White Pizza
26. Simply Stacie – Chicken Caesar Pizza
27. Bacon and Eggs Breakfast Pizza
You can never go wrong with pizza for breakfast. The good news is that eggs, bacon, sausage, and cheese make awesome pizza toppings!
Hopefully, you found a pizza recipe to try!
Personally, I love a premade Boboli Pizza crust for saving time, but If I don’t have one on hand, here is an excellent homemade pizza crust recipe. The recipe is easy to make and only has a few ingredients!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
This pizza dough can be refrigerated overnight or frozen. It is perfect every time!
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- Prep Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: 2 -16 inch pizzas 1x
- Category: main dish
Homemade Pizza Dough Recipe
- 1 1/2 cups hot water, (110˚F-115˚F)
- 2 1/4 tsp dry active yeast
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil (for greasing the bowl)
- In large bowl, combine water, yeast, and sugar. Cover and allow the yeast to proof for 5-10 minutes.
- Stir in olive oil, salt, and flour. Knead for 5-7 minutes with a stand mixer or until smooth and elastic.
- Remove the dough from the bowl, add the olive oil, and grease the sides. Return the dough to the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover and raise for 60 minutes.
- Punch dough down and turn it out onto a floured surface. Cover lightly and rest for 5 minutes before forming crusts.
- To refrigerate pizza dough, cover loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for up to 24 hours. Allow dough to stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before forming into crusts.
To freeze the dough, divide it into two dough balls, wraptightly with plastic wrap, and place in a freezer bag.
To defrost, place frozen dough in the fridge 24 hours. Remove dough from the fridge 20-30 minutes before forming into crusts.
Keywords: pizza dough recipe
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.