This Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe is amazing! Sweet, rich and full of pumpkin flavors. Tastes almost like pumpkin pie, but in a yummy, custardy, bread pudding form. And the caramel topping? Puts this bread pudding OVER THE TOP!
- 1 1/4 cup cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 cups Milk or Silk Almond Milk
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Eggs
- 6 cups French bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans (reserve about 2 tablespoons for topping)
- 1 Teaspoon Cinnamon sugar
- Caramel sauce for topping
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 10×3 inches.
- Mix brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, milk, vanilla, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl until well blended.
- Add bread cubes to large bowl and drizzle with melted butter. Stir to coat all bread cubes.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread and gently combine. Fold in pecans.
- Let mixture stand 10 minutes, then transfer to springform pan.
- Sprinkle reserved pecans and cinnamon sugar over bread mixture.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. (Watch the pecans as they burn easily. If you find your pumpkin bread pudding is getting too brown on the top, just cover loosely with a foil “tent”.)
- Let stand 10 minutes; remove side of pan.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy!
Keep a close eye on the pecans on top as they can burn easily. If you find your pumpkin bread pudding is getting too brown on the top, just cover loosely with a foil “tent”.
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 409 (w/o caramel sauce)
- Fat: 13
- Carbohydrates: 67
- Protein: 7
Keywords: pumpkin dessert, bread pudding, comfort food