Today, I’m sharing this decadent Pumpkin Pie Bread pudding w/ Caramel Sauce Recipe… It’s definitely a family favorite dessert!
I can’t believe October is nearly over and I haven’t made one single recipe with pumpkin in it! (What kind of blogger am I? Ha ha…) The weather has not been very cool lately, so I haven’t really felt inspired to make any fall recipes.
I have to say, this Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding was totally worth the wait! If you make one pumpkin recipe this Fall, you’ve got to try this bread pudding. It’s so good! (Thanks to Silk for partnering with me on this post!)
When making recipes I plan on eating (and I definitely planned on eating this one…) I try to switch out the dairy products with Silk Almondmilk or Soymilk when I can.
It definitely made sense to make the switch in this recipe. (You can generally substitute Silk for dairy milk, cup for cup, in almost any recipe.)
You can see a few other of my recipes where I’ve made the switch here: Creamy Avocado Dip, Skinny Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip, 10 Smoothie ideas under 150 calories, Mini Chocolate Pudding Pies and Healthy Banana and Oats Cookies.
When it comes to bread puddings, different breads will yield different results. Brioche or other sweet breads will make a very sweet bread pudding and you would be able to cut down on the additional sugar used. Many recipes call for “stale” bread, but stale bread isn’t really necessary. Bread pudding is just a great recipe to use up old, stale bread.
If you do use very dry or stale bread, you’ll want to let the bread soak in the liquid mixture a bit longer than specified in this recipe. I’ve also seen recipes with sourdough, though I’m not a fan of sourdough, so I’ve never tried them.
Pumpkin Pie Bread Pudding w/ Caramel Sauce
- 1 1/4 cup cup packed brown sugar
- 2 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3 cups Milk or Silk Almond Milk
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cup Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 3 Eggs
- 6 cups French bread, cubed
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Chopped pecans (reserve 2 tbs for topping
- 1 Tsp Cinnamon sugar
- Caramel sauce
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom and side of springform pan, 10×3 inches.
- Mix brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, milk, vanilla, pumpkin and eggs in large bowl until well blended.
- Add bread cubes to large bowl and drizzle with melted butter. Stir to coat all bread cubes.
- Pour liquid mixture over bread and gently combine. Fold in pecans.
- Let mixture stand 10 minutes, then transfer to springform pan.
- Sprinkle reserved pecans and cinnamon sugar over bread mixture.
- Bake 50 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let stand 10 minutes; remove side of pan.
- Drizzle with caramel sauce and enjoy! (I used caramel ice cream topping, but this Maple Caramel Sauce recipe from silk looks really good too!
What is your favorite way to use Pumpkin in a recipe? Leave a comment below!
Looking for more pumpkin or breakfast-y type recipes? You might also like: