- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of beans (Black or pinto)
- 1 can of refried beans
- 1 14.5 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz drained can of petite diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup broth
- 1 tsp better than bullion
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1–2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add oil to soup pot and saute the onions over medium heat, about 4 minutes or until soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low. Add garlic and saute for another minute or two. Do not allow garlic to brown/burn.
- Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, both cans of beans, bullion, broth and spices to soup pot. Stir until everything is combined.
- Allow chili to simmer at least 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve with cheese and/or sour cream if desired.
- (Optional: If you like your chili extra chunky, you can always add more beans, tomatoes or even corn. If you like your chili with meat, you can brown some ground beef with the onions and garlic.)