Beef, beans, cheese, tomatoes, and salsa blend perfectly in this Cowboy Skillet Recipe! The best part of this easy skillet meal is, it can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound very lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1–cups water
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1.5 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1–1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup (divided) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Start the water boiling for pasta. Cook the pasta “al dente” (according to package directions.)
- Brown ground beef and onions in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Drain away any excess grease.
- Add Sloppy Joe sauce, water, salsa, Worcestershire, cumin, and garlic to skillet; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add beans and corn and thoroughly mix to combine.
- When macaroni is ready, drain and add to meat mixture, stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese to the skillet, and gently stir to mix in the cheese.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese; cover and let stand for 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve and top with sour cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of skillet
Keywords: skillet meal