The flavors of beef, beans, cheese, tomatoes and salsa come together perfectly in this Tex-Mex Cowboy Skillet Recipe! The best part of this easy skillet meal is, it can be ready and on the table in less than 30 minutes!
- 1 pound very lean ground beef or turkey
- 1 can (15 oz each) Manwich® Original Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 1-cups water
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1.5 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tsp dried garlic
- 1–1/2 cups dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 cup (divided) shredded Colby & Monterey Jack cheese
- salt and pepper
- sour cream (optional)
- Start water boiling for pasta. Cook pasta “al dente” (according to package directions.)
- Brown ground beef and onions in large skillet over medium-high heat, drain.
- Add Sloppy Joe sauce, water, salsa, Worcestershire, cumin and garlic to skillet; stir to combine. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium.
- Add beans and corn, thoroughly mix to combine.
- When macaroni is ready, drain and add to meat mixture, stir to combine.
- Add 3/4 cup of cheese to skillet, gently stir to mix in cheese.
- Top with 1/4 cup cheese; cover and let stand 3 minutes or until cheese melts.
- Serve and top with sour cream if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of skillet
Keywords: skillet meal