This Santa’s Whiskers Cookie Recipe is always a hit with the kids and is the perfect cookie for Holiday Cookie Exchanges!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-cup red candied cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large mixer bowl beat butter till softened.
- Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into three 7″ rolls.
- Roll in coconut to coat.
- Wrap and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut into 1/4″ thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until done. Remove and cool.