Healthy Sloppy Joe Recipe- Your family will love this lightened up version of the family…
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Santa’s Whiskers Cookie Recipe is always a hit with the kids and is the perfect cookie for Holiday Cookie Exchanges! (Scroll to the bottom for printable recipe and downloadable recipe card to include when giving theese cookies as gifts.)
Santa’s Whiskers Cookie Recipe:
I love doing cookie exchanges with my friends and family – they’re so a great way to try a variety of Christmas cookies without baking a million different ones myself. My favorite part is when I get to try new recipes and discover cookies I’ve never tried before, so I always try to make something a little special for all cookie exchanges.
That’s what I love about these Santa’s Whiskers. They are so different from the typical fudge or classic sugar/chocolate chip/peanut butter cookies you are almost guaranteed to get at any cookie exchange but they don’t take a lot more work than those other cookies either. The red cherries give them a pop of festive color too!
Another bonus is that this recipe makes around 60 cookies so it’s great for when you need to bake for a large group.
And, of course, they are so yummy! Everyone I’ve shared them with – even my son, who usually goes straight for chocolate chip or sugar cookies – loves them and has asked for the recipe.
How to Make Santa’s Whiskers Cookies
The Santas Whiskers are actually not that difficult to make. They are a basic sugar cookie recipe, but with the addition of the cherries and coconut and pecans. These are a slice and bake cookie, so the one thing to note is you will roll the cookie dough into a log shape and the dough does need to chill for several hours before slicing and baking.
If you’re having a big baking day, I would make this dough in the morning and just let it chill while you bake your other cookies. Or make the dough the day before and then let it chill overnight. (scroll down to the bottom for the printable recipe.)
If you’re planning on giving Santa’s Whiskers as a gift or at a cookie exchange, don’t forget to include a recipe card with your cookies.
Other Christmas Cookie Recipes you might enjoy:
- White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Sugar Cookies
- Cinnamon Sugar Pinwheel Cookies
- Easy Peppermint Twist Cookies
- Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
- Sugar Cookies with Eggnog Frosting
- Soft Lofthouse Style Christmas Cookies
Pin the recipe here:
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
This Santa’s Whiskers Cookie Recipe is always a hit with the kids and is the perfect cookie for Holiday Cookie Exchanges!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-cup red candied cherries, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a large mixer bowl beat butter till softened.
- Add sugar and beat till fluffy.
- Add milk and vanilla and beat well.
- Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Stir in cherries and pecans.
- Shape into three 7″ rolls.
- Roll in coconut to coat.
- Wrap and chill for several hours.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut into 1/4″ thick slices. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 12 minutes or until done. Remove and cool.