Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
Biscuits and Gravy with Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole is filled with eggs and cheese and is perfect for lazy Sunday mornings. Bonus: this Egg Casserole can be assembled the night before for practically no morning prep!
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 65 minutes (plus additional time if baking cold ingrediets)
- Yield: 8
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through. (read tips above)
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!)
- If you choose to prepare this the night before, you will need to increase the cooking time by about 20 minutes. (Keep your eye on it, you want to make sure the biscuits cook all the way and the eggs set completely. If you find your casserole is getting too brown for your taste, cover with a foil tent to keep it from browning too much more.)
- If you find your casserole is getting too brown for your taste, cover with a foil tent to keep it from browning too much more.)
- Like gravy – Consider doubling the amount used (or just to keep some on the side.)
Keywords: breakfast, eggs, breakfast casserole, suasage and gravy casserole