The best way to serve this Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp? Warm over vanilla ice cream and topped with caramel sauce. SO good! Everyone will be wanting more!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into pieces
- 3 large apples and 3 large pears peeled cored and thickly sliced (you want about 6 cups,)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp apple juice
- optional toppings: vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and nuts together until combined. Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender, fork or hands until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Place the apple and pear slices in the base of the slow cooker and add the apple juice. Stir in cornstarch and apple juice.
- Sprinkle flour/topping mixture evenly over fruit.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours / high for 2 hours. (make sure your slow cooker actually cooks on low- many of the newer ones actually run higher. If your’s cooks hot, you may want to shorten the cooking time.)
- Serve warm with a scoop (or 2) of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
If you don’t have apple juice, substitute 1 tbsp lemon juice, and the rest water.
Keywords: apple, pear, slow cooker