Apple Pear Crisp in the Slow Cooker
The best way to serve this Slow Cooker Apple Pear Crisp? Warm over vanilla ice cream and topped with caramel sauce. SO good! Everyone will be wanting more!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes (NOT including the apple and pear peeling)
- Cook Time: 2 to 4 hours
- Total Time: 2 to 4 hours
- Yield: 4 to 6 servings
- Category: dessert
- Method: slow cooker
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp white sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup cold butter cut into pieces
- 3 large apples and 3 large pears peeled cored and thickly sliced (you want about 6 cups,)
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 6 tbsp apple juice
- optional toppings: vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce
- In a large bowl, stir the flour, oats, brown sugar, 1/4 cup white sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, and nuts together until combined. Add the butter and mix with a pastry blender, fork or hands until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Place the apple and pear slices in the base of the slow cooker and add the apple juice. Stir in cornstarch and apple juice.
- Sprinkle flour/topping mixture evenly over fruit.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours / high for 2 hours. (make sure your slow cooker actually cooks on low- many of the newer ones actually run higher. If your’s cooks hot, you may want to shorten the cooking time.)
- Serve warm with a scoop (or 2) of vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.
If you don’t have apple juice, substitute 1 tbsp lemon juice, and the rest water.
Keywords: apple, pear, slow cooker