This hearty Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe is creamy and loaded with delicious sausage and vegetables. It’s sure to please the pickiest eater.
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained (I used breakfast sausage)
- 28 oz package of frozen potatoes O’Brien (the one with onions and peppers)
- 1 14 oz can of cream style corn
- 1 large carrot, chopped (I left this out because I don’t like cooked carrots- it’s up to you.)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional topping ideas: Diced Bacon pieces, green onions, cheese, sour cream.
- Place browned sausage at the bottom of slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hrs or high 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, open lid and stir. Mash up about 1/3 of the potatoes (this will thicken the soup) and stir in shredded cheese, salt, pepper and evaporated milk. Let soup cook another 15 minutes or so on low or even the warm setting if you have one on your cooker.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: slow cooker, soup