Looking for a hearty slow cooker soup recipe to fill you up and keep you warm on cold winter nights? This Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe definitely fits the bill- creamy and loaded with delicious sausage and vegetables, it will make your family(and their tummies) very happy!
Slow Cooker Corn and Sausage Chowder
Welcome back to day 5 of soup week!
I hope you get a chance to try a recipe or two that I’ve shared this week and maybe find a new favorite. Also, don’t forget to enter the giveaway for the cast iron dutch oven at the bottom of the post! (I’ve added new entry options each day of the giveaway.)
So far, all the soup recipes I’ve made this week were made using the dutch oven I’m giving away. (Love that pot!) It’s so versatile and great for many types of dishes other than just soup. It is quite heavy; (cast iron after all) but since it’s so pretty to look at, I just store it right on my stove top.
I did want to include at least one slow cooker recipe this week. (It’s crock pot season after all.) This Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe definitely fits the bill- creamy and loaded with delicious sausage and vegetables; it will fill you up and keep you warm on those cold winter nights! (Yesterday, I complained about the warm weather we’ve been having and good news: the weather channel is now predicting lows in the 40’s over the weekend, yea!)
OK, so the truth is, the kids are getting a little sick of soup week and have asked for anything but soup for dinner! (My son specifically requested orange chicken- I’m sharing the most awesome 20-minute orange chicken recipe next week, just waiting for approval since the post is sponsored.)
Sorry kids, dinner is already made, so stop complaining or “NO SOUP FOR YOU!” Luckily once they tasted the sausage chowder they quickly changed their minds, and it might even be their favorite of the week!
More slow cooker recipes you’ll love:
- Easy Slow Cooker Meatball Subs
- Creamy Green Chile Enchilada Soup
- Crock Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- 3 Ingredient Barbecue Pulled Pork Recipe
- Easy Homemade Apple Butter
Hubby’s favorite was a 3-way tie between the Sausage and Bean Soup, White Chicken Chili and this one, though the Bean and Sausage one may be in the lead. My favorite flavor wise was a tie between the Bean and Sausage Soup and White Chicken Chili, but waist-conscious-wise my favorite was the Asian Chicken and Veggie.
Recommended products from this post:
- Dutch oven
- Hamilton Beach Set it and Forget it Slow Cooker
- Soup ladle (Love that this has the oz labeled in the ladle)
Giveaway: OVER! You’ll be able to enter every day by pinning and tweeting the new recipes and following on Facebook, pinterest , etc… Choose your favorite entry, (or do them all) and complete the Rafflecopter form below! If you are reading this post in a reader or email, you may have to click the rafflecopter link. (Please be sure to fill out the required information properly. Giveaway open to US Residents only.)
Slow Cooker Corn and Sausage Chowder
This hearty Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Chowder recipe is creamy and loaded with delicious sausage and vegetables. It’s sure to please the pickiest eater.
- Prep Time: 15
- Total Time: 8 hours (+)
- Yield: 10 to 12 servings
- Category: main dish
- Method: slow cooker
- 1 lb sausage, browned and drained (I used breakfast sausage)
- 28 oz package of frozen potatoes O’Brien (the one with onions and peppers)
- 1 14 oz can of cream style corn
- 1 large carrot, chopped (I left this out because I don’t like cooked carrots- it’s up to you.)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 12 oz can evaporated milk
- 1 1/2 cup cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Salt and 1/2 tsp pepper
- Optional topping ideas: Diced Bacon pieces, green onions, cheese, sour cream.
- Place browned sausage at the bottom of slow cooker. Add potatoes, carrots, corn, and broth.
- Cover and cook on low 8 hrs or high 4 hours.
- At the end of the cooking time, open lid and stir. Mash up about 1/3 of the potatoes (this will thicken the soup) and stir in shredded cheese, salt, pepper and evaporated milk. Let soup cook another 15 minutes or so on low or even the warm setting if you have one on your cooker.
- Serve topped with your favorite toppings and enjoy!
Keywords: slow cooker, soup
Still hungry? Here are a few more recipes you might enjoy!