These Spooky Monster Eye Deviled Eggs are perfect for a Halloween party or for dinner before trick or treating. Halloween Deviled Eggs are always a hit!
- 10 to 12 boiled eggs
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 tbs dill relish
- sliced black olives
- mayonnaise (optional- add 1 tsp at a time as needed to achieve optimum creaminess)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- red food coloring
- soft (brand new) paint brush
- Peel eggs and cut in half, lengthwise. Scoop out yolks.
- In a bowl mash together egg yolks, avocado and lemon juice. (My avocados were not super ripe, I found I needed to use a food processor.)
- If the egg and avocado mixture needs more creaminess, add 1 tsp of mayo at time to achieve desired creaminess
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a tiny bit of red food coloring to a spoon and using the paintbrush, “paint” the red bloodshot eyes onto the eggs.
- Spoon egg mixture into eggs and top with a sliced black olive. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve and best if served within 6 hours.
- Serving Size: 1/2 egg
- Calories: 47
- Fat: 3
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Protein: 3
Keywords: halloween deviled eggs, monster eye deviled eggs