Amazing Strawberry Ice Cream Cake Recipe: Golden Oreos, Strawberries, ice cream – what’s not to love! Minimal hands-on time makes this light and delicious frozen dessert the perfect make-ahead treat for all your spring and summer get-togethers.
- 36 Golden Oreos, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 gallon strawberry ice cream, softened
- 1 jar of strawberry sundae topping (16 ish oz)
- 8 to 12 oz of whipped topping (cool whip style or make your own – I made my own.)
- Optional Toppings, such as fresh strawberries. additional strawberry syrup and crushed Oreos
- In a food processor (or by hand) combine crushed cookies and butter. Press cookie crumbs into a greased 13 by 9 dish.
- Carefully spread ice cream over cookie layer. Place in freezer until ice cream has re-frozen.
- Spread strawberry topping over ice cream, (reserve a bit for garnish if desired) cover with plastic wrap and return to freezer until set.
- Spread a generous amount of whipped topping over strawberry sauce layer.
- Return to freezer until firm ( made mine the night before)
- Just before serving, garnish with diced strawberries, additional strawberry sauce and cookie crumbs.
- Serving Size: 1/12 of recipe
- Calories: 386
Keywords: ice cream, strawberry