A southern holiday staple, Sweet Potato Casserole is made with canned yams combined with butter, brown sugar, and a hint of cinnamon, topped with marshmallows.
- 1 40 oz can of yams, drained- We always buy the Bruces canned yams
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 1/3 cup Brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon Salt
- 1 to 2 cups mini marshmallows
- optional 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, add the drained can of yams, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Begin mashing the yams and stirring all the ingredients together, over medium heat, until thoroughly combined and the yams are heated through.
- Transfer the yams to an 8 by 8 (or slightly smaller) baking dish.
- Top the yams with enough marshmallows to fully cover the dish
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until the marshmallows are toasted and golden brown.
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 401
- Fat: 12
- Carbohydrates: 72
- Protein: 2
Keywords: sweet potato casserole, sweet potato casserole with canned yams, sweet potato casserole with marshmallows,