Frito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing is hands down, the best taco salad and is always a standout “salad dish” for potlucks! The Fritos and taco seasoned beef combine with the sweet and zesty flavor of the Catalina Dressing for a flavorful taco salad almost everyone enjoys.
- 8 to 10 cups of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped. (I have never measured, just whatever looks like enough…)
- 3/4lb to 1lb of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- package of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, drained (pintos are best)
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of Fritos
- Catalina Dressing (use your judgment on the amount.)
- (optional: chopped green onions or black olives)
- Brown the ground meat, adding the taco seasoning in towards the end. Remove from heat and drain if needed. Add your beans and corn to the meat, mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, adding the Fritos and dressing last. Combine well, making sure everything is coated with the dressing.
If you want to put this together ahead of time for a party or potluck, mix the cooked and seasoned beef with the beans and corn and place in one container and the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in their separate bags. Once you are on location, combine everything, adding the Fritos and Catalina dressing to the salad last.
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 24