This Frito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing is always the standout “salad dish” for potlucks! The Fritos and taco seasoned beef, combine perfectly with the sweet and tangy flavor of the Catalina Dressing for a flavorful taco salad everyone enjoys.
- 8 to 10 cups of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped. (Or whatever looks like enough to feed your family.)
- 1lb of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- 1 package of taco seasoning (or 2.5 tablespoons bulk seasoning)
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, drained (pintos are best)
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese
2 cups of Fritos
- Catalina Dressing (use your judgment on the amount.)
- (optional toppings: chopped green onions or black olives)
- Brown the ground meat, adding the package of taco seasoning in towards the end (If your taco seasoning is in bulk, use 2.5 tablespoons.)
Tip: Don’t break the ground beef up in too small of pieces – larger bites of taco seasoned ground beef are just tastier.
- Remove from heat and drain if needed.
- In a large bowl, add all the ingredients to the salad and mix everything together. Combine well, making sure everything is coated with the dressing.
- Top with extra Fritos and desired extra toppings. Serve immediately!
If you want to put this together ahead of time for a party or potluck, mix the cooked and seasoned beef with the beans and corn and place in one container and the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in their separate bags. Once you are on location, combine everything, adding the Fritos and Catalina dressing to the salad last.
- Calories: 504
- Sugar: 14
- Fat: 29
- Carbohydrates: 38
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 24
Keywords: frito taco salad, taco salad, frito taco salad with catalina dressing