Frito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing is hands down, the best taco salad and is always a standout “salad dish” for potlucks! The Fritos and taco seasoned beef combine with the sweet and zesty flavor of the Catalina Dressing for a flavorful taco salad almost everyone enjoys.
Mom’s Frito Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing
We have a family get together planned on Sunday at my sister-in-law’s house and have been asked to bring a dish. I decided my Mom’s Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing and Fritos recipe will be perfect. It is such a yummy salad, it always gets polished off whenever I take it to a potluck.
With the holiday weekend coming up, I figured I’m not the only one trying to think of a dish to bring to a potluck, so I thought the taco salad recipe would be a perfect recipe to share today.
I haven’t made this Taco Salad in so long, I forgot how good it is! This is my Mom’s Taco Salad with Fritos and Catalina Dressing recipe. It’s the best taco salad and great for potlucks!
I was worried the kids wouldn’t like it because it is “salad”, but they gobbled it right up!
There is something about Fritos, Catalina dressing and taco flavors that go together just perfectly. My 6-year-old even asked for seconds. (Yes, on a salad!)
This Catalina Dressing Taco Salad is a long-time family tradition and is still my go-to meal for potluck dinners. The salad is traditionally made with ground beef, but I’ll sometimes substitute turkey or even shredded chicken and it is just as good!
- Need more Potluck Dish Ideas? Check these out:
- Texas Caviar (a delicious black bean and corn salsa)
- Sausage and Tortellini Pasta Salad Recipe
- Easy Tropical Fruit Salad
- Apple and Walnut Salad
- The Most Delicious Blueberry Dump Cake Ever
- Banana Cream Pie Bars
Mom’s Taco Salad with Catalina Dressing and Fritos
If you want to put this together ahead of time for a party or potluck, mix the cooked and seasoned beef with the beans and corn and place in one container and the lettuce, tomatoes, and cheese in their separate bags. Once you are on location, combine everything, adding the Fritos and Catalina dressing to the salad last.
- 8 to 10 cups of romaine or iceberg lettuce, chopped. (I have never measured, just whatever looks like enough…)
- 3/4lb to 1lb of lean ground beef (or turkey)
- package of taco seasoning
- 1 can of black or pinto beans, drained (pintos are best)
- 1 cup of corn
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1.5 cups of shredded cheese
- 2 cups of Fritos
- Catalina Dressing (use your judgment on the amount.)
- (optional: chopped green onions or black olives)
- Brown the ground meat, adding the taco seasoning in towards the end. Remove from heat and drain if needed. Add your beans and corn to the meat, mix well.
- In a large bowl, mix everything together, adding the Fritos and dressing last. Combine well, making sure everything is coated with the dressing.
|Hard to get a good picture of a salad in a bowl, lol.|
Enjoy!Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: