- tablespoons olive oil
- 2 baking potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar (I used apple cider)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 shallot, minced (I used the white part of a green onion)
- 2 bunches spinach, stems removed, washed well and roughly torn
- 2 ounces shaved Parmesan, (I shaved it with a vegetable peeler- don’t use the stuff in the green can!)
- 4 large Safe Eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium. Add potatoes; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally until potatoes are tender and browned – 12 to 14 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large salad bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil with vinegar, mustard, and shallot; season with salt and pepper, and whisk to combine.
- Add spinach and Parmesan to the salad bowl (do not toss); set aside.
- When potatoes are done cooking, immediately transfer to bowl with spinach and dressing. Toss salad until spinach is slightly wilted, and divide among four plates.
- Re-heat skillet over medium, and gently crack eggs into the skillet without breaking yolks; season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until whites are almost set, about 1 minute. Cover, turn off heat, and let stand until whites are set but yolks are still soft, about 2 minutes more.
- Top each salad with a fried egg, and serve immediately.