This recipe is so easy to make and better than any store-bought applesauce. The flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and a hint of nutmeg make for great applesauce any time of year.
- 1.5 Pounds of apples (granny smith, fuji, honey crisp, or a combination)
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- Take the apples and peel and core them. Cut into small pieces and add to a food processor or blender.
- Add the spices, sugar, and water and blend on high for 30-60 seconds (more or less depending on the consistency you desire) If you desire a thicker or chunkier applesauce blend for less time and for a smoother consistency blend longer.
- Place in the In Instant Pot and close and seal the lid and cook on high temp/pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally which takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and let cool in a container. Place in the refrigerator and serve when ready. (Some people like their applesauce cold and some prefer it warmer. This is ready to eat at any stage in the process)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: applesauce recipe, instant pot applesauce