This delicious Instant Pot Applesauce Recipe makes an amazing snack or even dessert. The simple applesauce recipe includes brown sugar, cinnamon, and a hint of nutmeg, and tastes great any time of the year.!
Even better, it can be made in your pressure cooker in less than 30 minutes. (No pressure cooker? No problem! I’ve included the slow cooker instructions too!)Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Applesauce in the Pressure Cooker
Who doesn’t love a delicious bowl of applesauce? This recipe is sure to please your family and your taste buds.
And the best part?
It can be made in your instant pot or your slow cooker in less than 30 minutes.
Why Make This Easy Instant Pot Applesauce
- Delicious – This recipe is so fresh and yummy, it’s sure to be a family favorite.
- Easy – Takes just a few minutes in the Instant Pot
- No babysitting the recipe – You can prepare this applesauce recipe and let it cook while working on a load of laundry, finishing a craft project, or relaxing with a cup of coffee.
- Great Fall Recipe – Making homemade applesauce is also a great way to utilize in-season apples in the fall. You can even make picking the apples a family activity by finding a local apple orchard.
- Versatile – This applesauce recipe can be made in your pressure cooker or slow cooker. (Slow cooker instructions can be found at the bottom of the post.)
More kid-friendly healthy snacks:
- Healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies
- Easy Yogurt Bowls
- 3 Ingredient Peanut Butter Dip
- Peanut Butter and Oatmeal Energy Bars
- Green Smoothie Popsicles
Applesauce Ingredients + Notes
(Ingredients at a glance, you will find the full recipe with ingredient amounts in the printable recipe card at the end of this post.)
- 3 pounds of apples | Granny smith, fuji, honey crisp, or a combination. The best part about this recipe is that you can use any kind of apple you want! If you like sweeter applesauce goes with honey crisp or some red delicious. For a more tart applesauce go for the granny smith or a Macintosh.
- Spices | Ground cinnamon, nutmeg and salt
Cooking Instructions for Instant Pot Applesauce
- Wash, peel, and core your apples.
- Cut them into small pieces and then drop them in your favorite food processor or blender. Add the water, brown sugar, and spices to the blender.
- Blend on high for 30-60 seconds. How long you blend will depend on what you want the consistency of your applesauce to be. For a chunkier, thicker applesauce blend for less time. For a more smooth applesauce blend longer.
- Pour the blended apples into your Instant Pot. Close and seal the lid. Cook on high temp/pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally. This will take about 10 minutes.
- After the pressure has naturally released from your instant pot, pour the sauce into a container of your choosing, at this point, your instant pot applesauce is ready to eat!
- Some people prefer their applesauce cold, if that’s you just place the container in the refrigerator and serve when ready.
FAQ’S + Tips For Making Instant Pot Applesauce
Can I Use Different Apples?
Yes! Any apple will work for this recipe depending on your taste. If you like a sweeter apple choose a honey crisp or red delicious. If you like a tarter apple then go for a Macintosh.
Can I Use a sweetener Besides Brown Sugar?
Yes! Any sugar will work for this recipe.
If you are using a sugar replacement, check the conversation chart on the replacement package to get the correct sweetness level. You can also use maple syrup, honey or agave nectar. Or leave it out altogether if your apples are sweet enough.
How To Make Applesauce In The Slow Cooker
- Decrase water to 1/2 cup.
- Peel, core, and slice your apples. (No need to run them through the food processor at this point.)
- Add all the ingredients to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on the HIGH setting for 4 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Purée the applesauce with a food processor or immersion blender if you prefer a smoother texture.
How To Store Applesauce
Your simple homemade applesauce will store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. (Unless you eat it all first!)
Can I Can This Applesauce Recipe?
Yes, you can! I have a great post on Canning Apple Butter and the instructions would be the same for applesauce.
Recommended Tools For This Recipe
More Apple Recipes
- Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- Baked Apple Chips
- Apple and Walnut Salad
- Apple Pie Smoothie Recipe
- Amazing Stovetop Cinnamon Apple Recipe
- Slow Cooker Apple Crumble
Did you Make this recipe?
Tried this Applesauce recipe? Please leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating and/or a review in the comments section below. If you share an image on Instagram or Facebook, be sure to tag me and use #scatteredmomrecipes!Print
This recipe is so easy to make and better than any store-bought applesauce. The flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, and a hint of nutmeg make for great applesauce any time of year.
- 1.5 Pounds of apples (granny smith, fuji, honey crisp, or a combination)
- ½ Cup water
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
- ½ Teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon nutmeg
- Take the apples and peel and core them. Cut into small pieces and add to a food processor or blender.
- Add the spices, sugar, and water and blend on high for 30-60 seconds (more or less depending on the consistency you desire) If you desire a thicker or chunkier applesauce blend for less time and for a smoother consistency blend longer.
- Place in the In Instant Pot and close and seal the lid and cook on high temp/pressure for 5 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally which takes about 10 minutes.
- Remove from the pot and let cool in a container. Place in the refrigerator and serve when ready. (Some people like their applesauce cold and some prefer it warmer. This is ready to eat at any stage in the process)
- Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Keywords: applesauce recipe, instant pot applesauce