How to make Homemade Apple Butter: Have you ever wanted to make your own Homemade Apple Butter?
This Homemade Apple Butter Recipe is made in the slow cooker with a special, no peel-short cut method. You will love how easy it is to make and can your own apple butter!
I have been doing a lot of experimenting with my new Vitamix blender lately. Oh my gosh, I love that blender! One of the recipes that has been on my list to make for a while was apple butter. Of course you don’t need a Vitamix or other high powered blender to make apple butter, but it does allow you to skip a step and save a little time.
I went from this:
In just four hours!
Homemade Apple Butter
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup apple cider (depending on your cooking method)
- 6 apples, stems removed, quartered with seeds and skins.
- 2 teaspoons allspice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Non- Blender Instructions:
- Peel, core and quarter apples. Combine apples and 3/4 cup of cider in a large stainless steel saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and boil gently, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft, about 30 minutes.
- Transfer apple mixture to a food processor and purée just until a uniform texture is achieved.
- Spray insides of slow cooker with cooking spray for easy cleanup. Add apple mixture to the crockpot. Stir in sugar and spices.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low covered until mixture is dark brown. Depending on the sweetness of your apples, you might need to stir in a tiny bit more sugar. Freeze or process for canning any leftovers. Recipe may be multiplied.
- Place apples and 1/2 cup of cider into the Vitamix container and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1, turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 5 or 6. Blend for 10 seconds until chopped. If necessary, use the tamper to press any ingredients into the blades. Increase speed to Variable 10, then to High. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes until mixture is smooth.
- Spray insides of crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup. (I used aReynolds crock pot liner, can’t get easier than that.) Pour ingredients from Vitamix container into the crockpot. Stir in sugar and spices.
- Cook 4 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low, covered until mixture is dark brown. Depending on the sweetness of your apples, you might need to stir in a tiny bit more sugar. Freeze or process for canning any leftovers. Recipe may be multiplied.
Enjoy!Products used and recommended in this post: