Oven Baked Chicken Leg Quarters are crispy, juicy and oh-so deliciously tender.
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- olive/canola oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Set chicken out about 30 minutes before cooking. (So they will be close to room temp.)
- Preheat oven to 425. (For easy clean-up, I like to line a 9 x 13 dish with foil. You can also use a sheet pan, but I will not mention how many times I have spilled the chicken juices in my oven and on the floor!)
- Before starting, give your a sprinkle with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Generously coat foil/pan with oil.
- Mix the flour and all the spices in a large bowl.
- Dip the leg quarters in the bowl and generously coat chicken with the flour/spice mixture.
- Place leg quarters, skin side down on the foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until chicken is done. (If you have a digital thermometer, go ahead and place it in the chicken at this point and bake the chicken quarters until they reach an internal temp of 165 degrees.)
- Serving Size: 7 oz of dark meat
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 20
- Protein: 54
Keywords: chicken, chicken leg quarters, oven baked chicken