Baked Chicken Leg Quarters: Chicken quarters are often on sale and are one of our favorite chicken cuts to grill! Today I’m sharing how to Bake Chicken Leg Quarters in the oven for days when it is too hot or too rainy to grill out!
Baked Chicken Leg Quarters:
Last week, I asked my hubby to stop by the store on his way home to pick up a few groceries. I texted him a list that included several on-sale items. One of the sale items I wanted was a family pack of chicken drumsticks. (There’s never any complaining when I make shake-n-bake style drumsticks- they are so good!!!.)
He ended up bringing home chicken leg quarters. (Actually, he didn’t go to the right store on the day I texted him my list, so most of those sale items? Nope, not on sale anymore!)
I usually only buy chicken leg quarters when I know the hubby will have time to grill them for us. I don’t like cooking on the grill, and I wasn’t sure how long to cook them in the oven. I poked around on the internet a little bit and found a few cooking time recommendations for leg quarters, so I decided to go ahead and cook them in the oven rather than freeze them for later.
I’m glad I did, because they turned out just as good as drumsticks! (and they were on sale for $.88 per lb, even cheaper than the drumsticks…) Here is how I cooked the chicken quarters:
- 4 chicken leg quarters
- olive/canola oil
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1.5 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- Preheat oven to 425. For easy clean-up, line a 9 x 13 dish with foil.
- Generously coat foil/pan with oil.
- Mix the flour and all the spices in a large bowl.
- Dip the leg quarters in the bowl and generously coat chicken with the flour/spice mixture.
- Place leg quarters, skin side down on the foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn chicken and reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake 35-45 minutes longer or until chicken is done.