Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
One of my favorite ways to serve leftovers is on a baked potato. Italian, Southwest, barbecue or Mediterranean flavors- it doesn’t matter, they’re all great on a baked potato. I have great way to bake potatoes in the oven, and wanted to share my simple method to get the perfect baked potato every time!
When choosing your potato, make sure to use a good baking potato such as a russet potato, (russets have high levels of starch and are best for baking and mashing.) Try to choose potatoes that are similar in size, this will help keep the potatoes cook evenly.
Place potatoes on a cooking stone or baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, and turn potato in oil to ensure evenly coated. Sprinkle with salt.
Need more ideas for baked potatoes? These are just a couple of our favorite toppings:
- Chicken, salsa, cheese and sour cream (any type of southwest flavored chicken beef or pork)
- Leftover brisket, barbecue sauce and cheese
- Broccoli and Velveeta
- pizza sauce, mozzarella and pepperoni
- Chicken, diced green chilies and cream cheese
- Chili and cheese (A couple of weeks ago, I had chili cheese hot dogs on the menu. Unfortunately, when I looked at the buns, they were moldy! Instead, I gave the kids chili, cheese and hot dog baked potatoes and they loved it!)
Since the kids are at their cousins for a few days, baked potatoes are on the menu tonight! Hubby and I are having baked potatoes with Chicken, salsa, cheese and sour cream for dinner tonight. Yummy!
If you like this type of recipe and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, bloglovin, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.