Who doesn’t love the yummy combination of peanut butter and chocolate in these No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats? Throw in a handful of Honey Nut Cheerios and melted marshmallows and you have a match made in heaven!
Today, I’ve got a yummy snack recipe that is incredibly quick and easy to whip up and everyone will love. (Plus it’s perfect for the lunch box!)
How great do these look? And no more difficult to make than any other marshmallow cereal treat.
No Bake Peanut Butter Cheerios Treats
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 6 cups Honey Nut Cheerios
- 3 large hunks of Chocolate Almond Bark
- 1 Tbs of shortening or coconut oil
- In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter until melted.
- Add Cheerios cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. (Be careful, it can be very warm!)
- Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares.
- Follow directions on Almond Bark package to melt candy. Add 1 tbs of oil or shortening to help thin chocolate.
- Drizzle chocolate over cereal bars.
Your turn to chime in: Does your school/PTA collect Box Tops?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of General Mills®. The opinions and text are all mine.