How to make a Rustic Burlap Wall Hanging:
FrogTape® sent me a sample of their new painters tape, FrogTape Textured Surface. I live in Texas and it’s very common to see heavily textured walls. And as much as I like the look of textured walls, it is almost impossible to paint a perfectly straight line. (Believe me, I’ve tried!) Because of the texture, the tape doesn’t always get a good seal and the paint will bleed under regular painters tape.
We’re planning on having our house repainted soon, so I didn’t want to paint a wall and then have painters paint over it, instead, I decided to test out the FrogTape® on a different textured surface…
I only needed a few supplies to make this Rustic Burlap Wall Hanging, and it was really easy! I’d been hanging on to this little 3 tiered frame for a while and thought it would be perfect for this project. Of course, mine is Christmas themed, but you could use just about any image so your wall hanging could be used year round.
- FrogTape® for Textured Surfaces
- wax paper
1. Find or draw the images you want to use. Resize if needed and print them out. (I searched Google images for some generic holiday clip art.)
2. Tear off the amount of FrogTape® needed and apply to a piece of wax paper (as shown below.)
3. Use the image as a template and cut the shape out of the FrogTape®.
4. Remove the wax paper backing.
5. Apply the FrogTape® shape to the burlap.
6. Then apply the sealer around the edge and let dry.
7. Paint the burlap.
8. Let the paint dry for about 5 minutes and remove the tape and check out those perfect edges! I definitely recommend the FrogTape® for Textured Surfaces on your next textured surface paint project!
9. Attach the burlap to your frame, (I used hot glue) and you’re done!
What projects do you have in mind for the FrogTape Textured Surface tape?
I would love to see your finished projects (and so would FrogTape®!) If you share them via social media, be sure to use the hashtag: #texturedsurface.