These Black Bean Sliders are easy to make, good for you and taste so good! (The directions are for slider size, but it’s super easy to increase the size to make Black Bean Burgers instead.)
I have a food bucket list…
It sounds kind of silly, but there are just so many recipes I want to cook! The difficult part is just finding the time (and energy) to make them.
As I was going through the recipes of my assigned blog for the Secret Recipe Club I noticed Jennifer, of Mother Thyme, had a recipe for Black Bean Sliders. (She has a crazy amount of recipes on her blog, you should check them out if you have time.)
Black Bean Sliders are definitely on the food bucket list. I frequently buy the Spicy Black Bean Burgers from Morning Star Farms and my family loves black beans, so I knew this was the recipe I wanted to make.
They were so good! The consistency was a little different than the store bought versions (softer in the middle) but they were just as good. My daughter ate two, and my son (who had strep throat) ate his entire slider!
I made the sliders almost like Jennifer’s, but I omitted a few of the spices and did not make the Avocado Mayonnaise (I am not a mayo person.) We did have some leftover guacamole, so we topped our burgers with that.
This is what the cooked patties looked like up close…
Black Bean Sliders
Adapted from Mother Thyme (Makes around 12 sliders)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup white onion, diced
- 2 15.5oz cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup sweet corn
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped (or cilantro paste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and onion and saute until onions are tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash black beans using a potato masher until desired consistency. Add in corn, ketchup, soy sauce, cumin, cilantro, salt and pepper, onion and garlic and until well combined. Fold in bread crumbs until mixture holds together. Form into patties and chill for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium heat. Cook burgers until crispy, about 5 minutes per side.
Enjoy!Don't miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: