Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
This Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder combines corn, chicken, salsa, cheese and spices to create as thick, creamy chowder that is packed with tex-mex flavors!
Are you looking for a delicious, comforting chicken recipe for the Crock Pot to warm you up this winter? Then this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder is for you!
I love that I was able to toss the ingredients in the crock pot and have a hot meal at dinner time! This Mexican-inspired Chicken Chowder was super filling and we had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week! Print
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder Recipe: corn, chicken, salsa, cheese and spices come together to create a thick, creamy chowder packed with tex-mex flavor.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (I left these out)
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package of dry chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of corn
- 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
- Combine chicken, onions, garlic, celery and broth in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for at about 6 hours.
- Dissolve the gravy mix into the milk in a medium size bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture.
- Add the salsa, thawed potatoes, chilies, corn and cheese. Mix well and cover.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
Keywords: soup, chowder, tex-mex, slow cooker