This Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder combines corn, chicken, salsa, cheese and spices to create as thick, creamy chowder that is packed with tex-mex flavors!
Are you looking for a delicious, comforting chicken recipe for the Crock Pot to warm you up this winter? Then this Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder is for you!
I love that I was able to toss the ingredients in the crock pot and have a hot meal at dinner time! This Mexican-inspired Chicken Chowder was super filling and we had plenty of leftovers for lunch the next day.
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder
Don't miss any more posts! Follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
Slow Cooker Mexican Chicken Chowder Recipe: corn, chicken, salsa, cheese and spices come together to create a thick, creamy chowder packed with tex-mex flavor.
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts, diced into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 celery ribs, chopped (I left these out)
- 4 oz diced green chilies
- 1 cup of Velveeta cheese, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 package of dry chicken gravy mix
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 cups of salsa
- 2 cups of corn
- 32 oz bag of frozen hash brown potatoes
- Combine chicken, onions, garlic, celery and broth in the slow cooker, cover and cook on low for at about 6 hours.
- Dissolve the gravy mix into the milk in a medium size bowl. Stir into the chicken mixture.
- Add the salsa, thawed potatoes, chilies, corn and cheese. Mix well and cover.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours.
Keywords: soup, chowder, tex-mex, slow cooker