Learn how to make this simple crochet bracelet using a magic circle! Video tutorial included.
Did you see the adorable crocheted coffee cup cozy that was featured over at the last Inspiration Monday Link Party? So cute!
After seeing the crochet cozy, I was inspired to pull out my crochet supplies and make something! I wasn’t quite in the mood to crochet anything complicated, so I decided to make a simple crocheted bracelet. (Plus I’ve been wanting to demonstrate the magic ring technique used in my teeny tiny crochet heart pattern, and this was perfect!)
The bracelets I’m showing here are made with recycled t-shirts and knit fabric scraps cut into strips to make t-shirt yarn, but you can also use a super chunky yarn or purchase premade t-shirt yarn.
Non-stretchy lightweight fabric would work too if the fraying doesn’t bother you.
When using fabric strips to crochet the bracelets, I found they looked best when made with a solid or yarn dyed fabric (yarn dyed = looks the same on both sides.)
Just imagine all of the different bracelets you could make!
And after making one or two, you’ll be able to knock these out in just a few minutes each.Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
Simple crocheted bracelet instructions.
- 2 to 3 yards of fabric strips or chunky yarn
- Crochet hook. (Size you need will vary based on the thickness/width of your fabric/yarn.) The hooks I used varied in size from 9 to 11.5 mm (see bottom of post for recommended items.)
These are the basic instructions and if you need more help, check out the video below:
- Make a magic circle/ring, (just make the loop around your hand) then chain 1.
- SC through the ring, tightening the stitches as you go to match the upper and lower tension.
- When you have made enough stitches to create a wide enough bracelet, pull on the tail of the magic circle, moving the stitches down the ring to close the loop. You will most likely need to tug on the stitches to get the tension right.
- Solid Knit Fabric
- Susan Bates Red Heart Crystallites Acrylic Crochet Hook Set, Size L11/M13/N15/P16
- Crochet Hook Set in Pouch Sizes F, G, H, I, J, K
- Blue metallic yarn (would look like this)
- Book: Crochet One-Skein Wonders: 101 Projects from Crocheters around the World
- Bonbons Yarn, Brights (I haven’t used these, but they are too cute not to link to!)
Need more help? Just watch the video!
So what do you think, ready to make a couple?
Want more Easy crochet projects? Check these out: