Does your family love Sloppy Joes? The sweet and tangy Sloppy Joe Sauce pairs so well with ground beef and if you’re looking for an awesome alternative way to serve up this classic family favorite, look no further than this Sloppy Joe Pizza recipe! (Thanks to Manwich for sponsoring me on this post and bringing you this recipe! )
I hate to admit it, but our dinner routine is stuck in a bit of a rut…
We’d been pretty laid back during the summer- didn’t do too much planning ahead for the dinner menus, I just tried to keep the pantry and fridge stocked with easy meal options. Now that school in back in session and our after school activities have picked back up, it’s definitely time to get back on track and organized with my menu planning.
When I first started this blog, I posted a menu plan each week. (I’ve got over 100 weekly menu plans here if you want to check them out.) At this point, I don’t think I will go back to posting my menu’s on the blog, but I’ll definitely get out my trusty dry erase menu planning board to help me get organized and back on track!
What’s a better way to kick-off my meal planning than with an easy and delicious ManwichMonday family meal?
I always try to keep a can or two of the Manwich Sloppy Joe Sauce on hand for a quick meal. My kids absolutely love Sloppy Joes. (I’ve got a couple of yummy recipes based on Sloppy Joe’s here and here.)
Since I have all three varieties of Manwich in my pantry right now, we actually had Sloppy Joes’ twice this week! The first meal was the Original Sloppy Joe Sauce, served on a bun. Everyone in my family is a fan!
The second meal was this Sloppy Joe Pizza.
Hands down, my favorite meal of the week. I didn’t actually eat the pizza crust, but the flavors of the ground beef, Thick and Hearty Sauce, cheese, sauteed peppers, and onions were delicious! (Ok, so the kids complained about the added peppers and onions, but they were easy for them to remove and just add to my plate- lol!)
You definitely have to give this one a try! (It’s so easy to make.)
Sloppy Joe Pizza Recipe
Sweet and tangy Sloppy Joe Sauce pairs deliciously with ground beef, peppers, onions, and cheese in this Sloppy Joe Pizza Recipe.
- 1/2 red onion, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, sliced (red, green or both)
- 1 lbs ground beef
- 1 can Manwich Thick and Chunky
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack Cheese
- 1 premade/prebaked pizza crust
- Preheat oven to 450.
- In a large saucepan saute onions and peppers in a bit of oil until crisp/tender. Set aside.
- Brown Ground beef in saucepan. Drain and add Manwich Sauce. Let simmer for a few minutes.
- While sauce and meat are simmering, pre-bake pizza crust about 5 minutes to help keep it from getting too soggy.
- Add beef/sauce mixture to pizza crust, top with cheese and onions and peppers. (You will probably have a bit left over- possibly even enough for 2 pizzas.) Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the crust has turned golden brown.
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.