Thinking of purchasing the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist? Here’s my review of this Singer sewing machine:
|I’ve been quilting, so the free removable quilt table is still attached.|
Back at the beginning of the year, I was in the market for a new sewing machine. I’d already been looking around at new machines, but I thought I would post on my facebook page and see if anyone recommend anything in particular. (My preferred price range was 3 to 4 hundred but was willing to go up to 5 or 6 hundred if there was something special.)
The Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist Sewing Machine had been mentioned by a couple of different people. This was one of the machines I had on my list. I took the plunge and bought the Singer 9960. (At the time it was selling for $350 on Amazon, but the last time I checked, it was even lower.)
I’ve been meaning to write this review for a couple of months but kept putting it off in favor of other projects. Finally, here are my thoughts:
If you’re in the market for a new machine I highly recommend the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist. I’ve been sewing on it for 4 months and really love it! The price is right and it comes with so many accessories!!!
Here are a few highlights of the machine:
- Automatic needle threader and top drop-in bobbin system make for quick and easy set-up
- 600 built-in stitches!!! including 13 styles of fully automatic one-step buttonholes and 5 different fonts provide endless project possibilities (I love the letter functions, my mom has this on her machine, i used it once and have been coveting this function since then…)
- Stitch editing capabilities allow you to control the exact look of a stitch pattern with elongation and mirror imaging (I haven’t used this function yet)
- One-touch automatic thread cutter trims the upper and lower threads when you are done sewing for faster and easier sewing (Love this)
- Electronic auto pilot and speed control provide complete control of sewing speed making sewing difficult areas easier and error-free. (I love that I can control the max speed with a sliding lever – This machine is so much faster than my old machine, it makes ruffling and straight stitch quilting go so fast!)
- Automatically leaves brings the needle down when I stop sewing. (love this for turning corners)
- I swear there is some sort of improvement with this machine over my last machine which helps me stitch a straighter stitch.
- the Singer 9960 also has an automatic back stitch function and a reverse sewing button (just hold down the button and it sews backwards until you release it.
- FREE Accessories Including 18 Presser Feet and an Extension Table for quilting.
- All-Purpose Foot
- Zipper Foot
- Buttonhole Foot and Underplate
- Button Sewing Foot
- Blind Hem Foot
- Satin Stitch Foot
- Open Toe Foot
- Overcasting Foot
- Darning and Embroidery Foot
- Rolled Hem Foot
- Cording Foot
- Straight Stitch/Quilting Foot
- Even Feed / Walking Foot
- Extra Wide Extension Table
- Needle Pack
- Bobbins (Class 15J)
- Seam Ripper
- Lint Brush
- Spool Pin with Felt Washer
- Spool Caps
- Seam Guide
- Quilting Bar
I’ve made a few videos of some of the functions of this machine, I will find them and upload them to you to and get them linked here soon.
1. Buttonhole function:
2. Adjustable sewing speed, (I have it on slow) the start stop button and the auto thread cutter. I mistakenly asked my 7 year old to hold the camera, so ignore his antics, sorry… But you can hopefully see the point of how this function would be helpful when sewing intricate sections.
So, bottom line, I loved this machine at $350 and now double love it at on sale! Worth every penny in my opinion, plus Amazon has a great return policy and if you are an amazon prime member it ships free!
Don’t forget, you can get a 30 day free trial for Amazon Prime.