Have you ever had the Caramel Apple Spiced Cider from Starbucks? I’m telling you, that drink is pure heaven! (Seriously, if you’ve never had one, you need to order one next time you go to Starbucks.) Then, of course, you’ll have to hit the grocery store and buy the ingredients to make your own!
I have another batch going in the crock pot right now. It’s the last day of school before the holiday break and I thought I would surprise the kids with a special treat. They love this stuff too.
I normally drizzle caramel on top before serving, (that’s how Starbucks serves it,) but I forgot to add the extra caramel when I was took this picture. I thought about re-doing the photo, but sometimes, it just is what it is and I didn’t think the lack of caramel on top would stop anyone from trying the apple cider recipe. 😉
Caramel Apple Spiced Cider:
- 64ish oz bottle of apple cider (8 cups)
- 5 tablespoons of caramel syrup
- 3 whole cinnamon sticks
- 10 whole cloves
- Add the apple cider and caramel syrup to the slow cooker and stir together.
- Drop in the cinnamon sticks and cloves.
- Cook on low for at least 4 to 6 hours
- Remove the cinnamon and cloves. (Don’t be tempted to leave the cinnamon or cloves in the cider, the spices will become to overpowering. – It will smell good, but it won’t taste good- go ahead, ask me how I know this…)
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: