Every year, when Bath and Body Works has their year end clearance. I always stock up on their lotions and body washes. They usually go on sale for around $3 each.
I love using their body wash and shower gels as a base for a quick Body Polish as an easy DIY Gift.
To make the body polish, all you need is salt or sugar, body wash/shower gel (any brand works, but I absolutely love the grapefruit scent from bath and body works) and a container to put it in. (Any type of container will work, but I prefer plastic containers for the shower. I usually find them at TJ Max and buy them when I see them.)
As an optional ingredient, you can add a bit of oil to make the body polish more moisturizing. (You could use coconut oil, grapeseed oil or a light olive oil. I personally like grapeseed oil.)
- Fill your container 2/3 of the way with salt (or sugar or a mix of both).
- Slowly pour in the body wash. Mixing together as you go. You only want the salt to be slightly moistened.
- At this point you can add a couple of tablespoons of the optional oil.
- Let the mixture sit 5 or 10 minutes until the salt "loosens up."
- Add a little more salt if you think the mixture is too runny.
That's it! Add a little label and ribbon and you are ready for gift giving!
A few other easy DIY gifts ideas that can be finished up in a hurry are:
Of course if food is your gift of choice here are a few more ideas:
Do you have any other ideas to add? Leave some links in the comment!
If you like this type of project and want to see more, you can follow along using the Google Friend Connect widget, through a reader, or signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below:
I will be linking up to some of the linky parties listed here.