DIY Salt Scrubs and other body polishes. (the easy way.)
Every year, when Bath and Body Works has its year-end clearance. I always stock up on their lotions and body washes. They usually go on sale for around $3 each.
I love using their body wash and shower gels as a base for a quick Body Polish as an easy DIY Gift.
To make the body polish, all you need is salt or sugar, body wash/shower gel (any brand works, but I absolutely love the grapefruit scent from bath and body works) and a container to put it in. (Any type of container will work, but I prefer plastic containers for the shower. I usually find them at TJ Max and buy them when I see them.)
As an optional ingredient, you can add a bit of oil to make the body polish more moisturizing. (You could use coconut oil, grapeseed oil or a light olive oil. I personally like grapeseed oil.)
- Fill your container 2/3 of the way with salt (or sugar or a mix of both).
- Slowly pour in the body wash. Mixing together as you go. You only want the salt to be slightly moistened.
- At this point you can add a couple of tablespoons of the optional oil.
- Let the mixture sit 5 or 10 minutes until the salt “loosens up.”
- Add a little more salt if you think the mixture is too runny.
That’s it! Add a little label and ribbon and you are ready for gift giving!
A few other easy DIY gifts ideas that can be finished up in a hurry are:
Of course, if food is your gift of choice here are a few more ideas:
Do you have any other ideas to add? Leave some links in the comment!