Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links.
I have a fabulous healthy snack cookie recipe to share with you today (and it is so easy too!) I love that this Healthy Banana and Oatmeal cookie is made with simple and good for you ingredients. (and yes, you can make this gluten free by using a gluten free oatmeal product such as this one.)
What is so great about these cookies is that the kids will never know that they are very healthy and made with only 2 ingredients! Yep, you read that right, only 2 ingredients! Bananas and oatmeal – no butter or sugar! (What they don’t know, won’t hurt them and these are great if you are like me and always trying to watch what you eat..)
You can add extra ingredients if you want. For our cookies, I added a handful of chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and a pinch of shredded coconut. These little extras really made the cookies taste yummy, but I bet they would have been good with out the extras. Now, please keep in mind these are a “healthy cookie” and you should not expect them to taste like a sugar filled oatmeal raisin cookie! Check out my white chocolate and craisin version here.
Here is the recipe:
Healthy Banana and Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 very ripe, large Bananas
- 1 cup of quick oats
- *Optional mix-ins of your choice (I used a handful of semi sweet chocolate chips, 1/3 cup of chopped walnuts and 2 heaping tbs shredded coconut. Next time I will try craisins and white chocolate chips)
- Mash the 2 bananas and mix in the quick oats. Stir everything together and add in your optional mix-ins.
- Spoon Cookie dough onto a very well greased cookie sheet. (I just used my pampered chef scoop and flattened the tops of the cookies out just a bit since they will not spread and I wanted them to cook evenly.)
- Cook at 350 for 15 to 19 minutes or until the cookies look done. (Original recipe calls for 15, but I did 19.)
- Recipe yields about 16 very yummy cookies.
Enjoy! Be sure to come back and let me know if you try these…
Update: I made another batch! This one was with craisins and white chocolate chips- so good!
Don’t miss any more posts! You can follow along on Feedly, Bloglovin’, via blogger using the Google Friend Connect widget, your favorite feed reader, or by signing up via email. Just click on one of the icons below: