My assigned blog this moth was Debra’s blog, Eliot’s Eats. She’s got a ton of great recipes on her blog, so be sure to check it out if you have time.
I’ve had this little tart making tool for over ten years and finally used it for its intended purpose! (I’ve mostly been using it to squoosh stuff…)
Almond and Chocolate Macaroons See the original recipe here on Eliot’s Eats
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 2 cups of Shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tsp of vanilla extract (one for the macaroons and one for the chocolate)
- 2/3 bag of chocolate morsels (milk or semi sweet – your choice
- rest of the 14 or 16 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- Almonds (whole or chopped- I think next time, I’ll use chopped.)
- Preheat the oven to 325 F and thoroughly grease a mini muffin tin.
- Stir the flour and coconut together in a large mixing bowl until the coconut is coated with flour. Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla, mix well.
- Add a generous spoonful of the coconut mixture to the wells of the muffin tin.
- Use a spoon, your fingers or a tartlet tool to form the tartlets in the pan. Dampen the tool in between uses to keep the coconut mixture from sticking.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the tartlets are golden brown. Remove from the muffin pan and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- While the macaroons are cooling, mix the rest of the sweetened condensed milk and the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and cook for 15 to 30 second intervals stirring in between until the chocolate is smooth.
- Add the tsp of vanilla and mix together until everything is well mixed.
- Add a spoonful of the chocolate to the center of each tart and top with almonds. Work quickly, before the fudge begins to set. (add the leftover fudge to a wax paper lined small dish, once it has hardened you can have a bit of fudge too!)
Don't miss any more posts!
Follow along on:Feedly, Bloglovin', your favorite feed reader, or signing up via email and have new posts delivered to your email box each week!
About the Author
Jamie Sanders is a wife and mom of 2, located in the heart of Texas. She founded Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom in 2011 as a place to share creative ideas and family friendly recipes. Her work has been featured on Martha Stewart, Woman’s World, HuffPost, TODAY, Pioneer Woman, HGTV, CNET, Good Housekeeping, Yahoo, Oprah Daily, and Redbook, plus many other publications. To date, she had given away just under a million free pdf sewing patterns.